Saturday, October 24, 2009

It's Not Easy Being Green

Bailey and Pepper take a break from the all-family painting marathon last weekend.



So, after an extended hiatus from this blog, during which time I was madly installing a new exhibit at the museum and attempting to get something - anything! - done in the house, I'm back with a little progress report. After literally three weeks of short bursts of painting, my living room walls are now officially covered in two coats of Enchanted Forest green, and I'm totally in love with the final result! My parents were in town last weekend to attend my exhibit opening, and while they were here they also installed my new bamboo blinds and and wrought iron drapery rods. I still have to hang the curtains, but its on my list for later on this weekend. Anyway, it feels so incredibly good to get something DONE! I was so inspired that I decided to forego a nap after the parents left to unpack some of my books and arrange them by color on my bookcase. Its an arrangement I saw in a magazine once upon a time and thought was very cool. I'm kinda loving the effect, but I think I need more books!

So, next on the list is to procure a pumpkin and get it carved this evening. My front stoop looks very naked right now and definitely needs some fall-ish decoration!

1 comment:

miss bess said...

I totally love this...