Sunday, February 7, 2010

Huh? The Super What?

What's that you say? There's some sort of super football championship game tonight? A bowl of some sort? Well, I don't know anything about that - between the Storm of Doom and the fact that my beloved Steelers are not in said championship game, I simply don't have the time to care about it...

Actually, I'm totally joking. I did forget completely about the Super Bowl until this morning, and I really have no vested interest in who wins, but I'm so completely and insanely bored from being stuck in the house that I'll probably watch it anyway.

Sigh. This time last year my cousin Beth was headed over to my house for homemade Primanti's and pierogies. Still one of the most exciting Super Bowls ever in my opinion. Good memories. Almost enough to erase the depressing memories of the '09-'10 season...

Well, since I have no Super Bowl excitement this year, I guess its time to move on to my other favorite sporting event: THE OLYMPICS!!! Yes, yes, hard to believe, but its been two years since my awe-inspiring coverage of the Beijing games in '08. This Friday, the "youth of the world" will be gathering in Vancouver - you can bet I'll be parked in front of my TV with some sort of Canadian-themed food for the event.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Are you throwing an Olympics party again? Am I invited? :)

M said...

Well, originally my parents were supposed to be in town on Friday, so I didn't plan anything. Then because of all the snow, their roof has sprung a few leaks and they don't want to leave the house in that condition. So, I don't have enough time to plan a whole themed extravaganza, but if you want to come over and watch the opening ceremonies with me, that would be awesome!