Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Shouldn't Have...But I Did


I went to a big flea market here in town last weekend (actually, it was even called The Big Flea) and I swear I went with the intention of spending minimum cash. In fact, I only took a few bucks. Which I blew ten minutes in on some vintage Pittsburgh post cards. And then I found some awesome Mad Men-ish holiday serving dishes, so I had to go to one of those mini-ATM's that charges a billion dollars in fees. And I swore I was done.

And then I found the Ultimate Flea Find. A piece that I have been looking for since I found out I would be moving into my house. A 1920's enamel-top kitchen cupboard. In near-pristine condition. And it was only $65. It was like light from heaven was shining down on it. The thing is, I had already obtained another table a while back when I wasn't able to find a decent enamel-top piece. So, technically I don't need this cupboard. Nor do I really have a place to put it. But I now own it. And i have to say I'm pretty thrilled with it!

So, its advice time. What should I do with it? Its currently sitting under the side window in my living room, but it takes up a bit too much room there. Would it make a good TV stand? Should I abandon my plan to someday put a bed in the spare room and move it in there? Should I get rid of something in the kitchen and return the cupboard to its original use? Should I completely rearrange the living room? I'm just not sure.

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

I vote living room! It would look great in there somewhere...

Red Pop Shop said...

M - I have one of these too! A hand-me-down from the third floor apartment at my folks' place. I actually use mine for help with laundry - the top is nice and smooth for folding. : ) However, it'd be much nicer if I could fit it in my SMALL kitchen - I'd rather look at it everyday. I think Gretchen might be right ...

-Bess

L. said...

I vote for turning it into a tv stand in your living room and just swapping it with the table that you currently have doing tv duty.