Saturday, August 13, 2011

Coming Out of Retirement

Sammy and I spent considerable time looking out the front window. That kid loves him some trees.



So, its been a while. Just shy of a year, as a matter of fact! Why did I go into blogging-retirement, you ask? I honestly don't know. A personal funk, of sorts, I guess. I just didn't have anything to say there for a while. And once I had something to say, I was out of the habit, and etc. etc. etc. But, things have transpired recently to get me off my butt and back into the blogosphere. My friend L (who has created one of the most enjoyable blogs ever!) is leaving today for a cross-country move with her son and husband to their new home in El Paso. As a bit of a good-bye gift, L created the new header at the top of my blog for me, with the caviate that I had to start blogging again (I guess the poor girl felt she would miss my witty banter on her 6-day drive to Texas!). So, here it is, L! My gift to you! I don't know if you'll notice this for a while, but when you do, just know that I'm thinking about you and Sammy and Sandy and Jim. In the meantime, here's a few pics my day of baby-sitting Sammy during the packing phase.




Sammy did a lot of dancing that day, but every time I turned the camera on he stoppes. This is the best effort - his interpretation of 500 Miles by the Proclaimers. Also, notice my lightening-quick reflexes at the end.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Oh welcome back! I had to crack up at the end of the video - Sammy, Sammy, Sammy finding a way to find trouble :)