Saturday, June 28, 2008

Welcome to my world...

Well here I am finally - posting to my very own blog. I've been thinking about doing this for quite a while now. I work as a museum curator, and over the last few years several of my interns have been on me to start a blog called "What not to do in Museums", in which I would rant about all the proper museum methodology that I try to impart to them every day. While I would find such a blog amusing, and probably several of my friends in the profession would too, it might get old after a while. So, instead, I plan to post about not only the whacky stuff that happens to me at work, but also about my life in general - therefore it will be a true collection.

At the moment, I live in an extremely tiny rental. It is, technically, a house, but it is smaller than most of the apartments I've lived in thus far. While I'm pretty good at maximizing my space and making due with what I've got, there are days when my lack of elbow-room threatens to drive me over the edge. Today is such a day. I spent most of the day cleaning (yay! I found some motivation!), and then I got down to the business of connecting my new printer to my new laptop. Because my cable internet connection requires a cable outlet and my ethernet cord is unreasonably short, my laptop and printer have to be incredibly close to the only empty electrical outlet in my teeny-tiny house, which just happens to be behind some of the living room furniture. Therefore, I had to move the furniture, which was not easy, and then I had to sit on the floor behind the furniture, with what seemed like 30 cables and wires going every which-way. And my cat Pepper wanted to help too. She walked back and forth across the keyboard several times turning various programs on and off. Oh, and did I mention its like 105 degrees today, and my AC is, um, not quite up to the challenge? Anyway, everything's connected now, and the furniture is back in place, but this minor incident in my day has reinforced what I've been telling myself for a while now - I need to buy a house!

So, stay tuned for adventures in first-time home buying, as well as news from the museum world...

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Oh, so glad you're now in the blogging world!!! Hope you don't mind I added The Collection to my blog list?!