Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Everyone's an Angel to Someone

So, I'm back from Thanksgiving at home with my parents and the rest of our crazy fam, and I am 100% ready to tackle this whole Christmas thing (well, as soon as I take a few more naps to sleep off the turkey coma that still seems to be lingering!). I think I've mentioned the fact that I plan to make all of my Christmas presents this year, and so far its going pretty well. I haven't had any meltdowns over crafty-project directions that just DO NOT work the way they're supposed to, and both of my finished items look good. I should totally start an Etsy store (well, let's not get carried away)!

Anyway, I have made the decision to deviate from my handmade Christmas plan just a bit, and for good reason. This morning, I read an article in my local newspaper about the incredibly tough time the Salvation Army and other charities are having this year in getting people to "adopt" children, the elderly and underprivileged families through their gift-giving programs. For years, I've been trying to participate in the Salvation Army Angel Tree program, but usually by the time I get my act together all the tags on the trees are long gone. This year, with our failing economy, things are different - and there are a lot of people out there who need help. So, this year, I'm not going to fail these kids - I'm going to give someone a happy Christmas morning, and I'm SO EXCITED about it! Several friends including G are lending a hand - thanks ladies! So, to any of you out there who I haven't already roped into this, PLEASE consider checking out the charities in your area. Here's a link for the Salvation Army program.

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

You should totally do the Esty thing! Can't wait to see all your goodies that you're making...I meant to be crafty but just couldn't get my act together.

Lou Louis said...

YES ETSY YESSSSS!

you know, if you like the hard work and all, but do it!

p.s. my spambot word below is "Unter". it sounds german. I need to keep a database of really great spambot words - see bess's blog, I got "Metricula" on hers today!

M said...

Hi Kate! From my days as a German minor in college, I can confirm that "unter" is indeed a German word that means "under". That's your useless trivia for today...