Monday, November 24, 2008

Sick Day


Well, I officially have my first cold of the winter. And yes, I realize its not actually winter yet - but its certainly cold enough outside to qualify! I woke up with that tell-tale sore throat on Friday morning and felt progressively worse as the day went on (not that it stopped me from attending weekly happy hour with G and the girls - hope I didn't pass the bug along ladies!). I then proceeded to lay on my couch for the ENTIRE weekend - I watched all 5 Rocky movies (AMC was having a marathon), the entire un-edited version of JFK, the 1980's classic Overboard starring Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell and a bunch of other mindless movies. I've eaten about 4 gallons of chicken noodle soup (sadly not homemade! I need to make some and stockpile for the next cold), drank equal parts OJ, tea and ginger ale and gone through 2 super-size boxes of Kleenex with lotion added (that was such a great invention). Unfortunately, I was not feeling much better this morning, so I called in sick. So far today, I've watched Good Morning America, The View, and Obama's press conference where he announced his economic team. I'm currently waiting for my next bowl of soup to heat up on the stove. I'm hoping this afternoon that I will have the energy to work on crafty Christmas gifts (I've got one done already, and I must say it looks pretty darn good!). I wish I had somehting better to report, but staring at my living room walls for the last 3 days hasn't given me much inspiration!


Anyway, I HAVE to feel better by the time I go home for Thanksgiving on Wednesday. 1) a stuffy nose will get in the way of my tastebuds enjoying my mother's annual feast, and 2) my dear best friend Miss B is turning the big 3-0 next weekend, and I cannot miss it! Don't worry B - I'm there, even if I have a rudolph nose and a dry cough (bet you're rethinking that invite, now, huh?).

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Feel better and let me know if you need me to bring you anything! Oh, and good choice with Overboard. Big fan.

miss bess said...

Not only did you come out, but you stayed out late and closed the bar with us. : ) Best 30th ever. Xoxo.

M said...

Did I close the bar?? I don't even remember that! Happy 30th Bess - you did it up with style...