Thursday, September 3, 2009

And so it Begins...


Well, its been a week since the big closing. And the pressure is starting to set in! I have just a little over a week until I move at this point, and I feel like I'm moving in slow motion, like I'm not accomplishing anything. It doesn't help that I came down with a cold this past Tuesday (that's like my third one this summer - what the heck??? does kharma have it in for me right now??), on the very day that I had set aside to take off from work and give the new house its first deep cleaning. Well, I did clean the bathroom. That's done at least!

G and Cathy did hang out at Lowe's with me for a better part of the day last Saturday, and with their help I was finally able to narrow down my paint color selection and purchase mass quantities of cleaning products. The photo above shows my "wall of decision" in the living room. Its going to be green, I know that. But which one??

With any luck I'll be back in shape by Saturday and I can hit the ground running at the house!

6 comments:

Cathy said...

You'll get your groove going this weekend! Don't panic, there really isn't too much to do at your house--just lots of painting (and cleaning). The smaller cosmetic things can wait until you move in.

Good luck!

Gretchen said...

I like the one in the middle. :)

L. said...

I can't wait to finally get to see your new place in person, paint choices and all!

Red Pop Shop said...

Top left!!!!!!!

Red Pop Shop said...

wait - changed my mind. TOP RIGHT!!!! : )

M said...

Ah, see, I went with top left! Top right was actually my first choice in the store, but in the house it looked a little pukie green instead of mellow green. Top left is called Enchanted Forest. Hmmm...maybe it comes with little elves and gnomes who do the painting for you??