Sunday, September 20, 2009

Guess What I'm Doing Right Now!


Right this very minute. Go ahead - guess! Its something that I haven't been able to do for 5 years. I AM DOING LAUNDRY IN MY OWN HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that's right - my new washer/dryer was FINALLY installed this morning! It took 4 separate attempts over the last two weeks for it to be delivered and (properly) installed, and truth be told I'm still missing a piece, but it ACTUALLY WORKS!!!! Which means I can now spend my time doing other things while my laundry is going in the kitchen. I can unpack boxes. I can watch TV. I can paint a wall. I can make dinner. I can do whatever I want, because I can now do laundry in my own house whenever I want to. This might literally change my entire world. What am I going to do with an extra 5 hours every weekend?

I'm so unbelievably jazzed over this whole thing that I've almost completely forgiven Lowe's internet sales department for the "4 attempt" debacle (this washer/dryer was originally supposed to be up and running before I even moved into the new house). I was planning to write a scathing post about the evils of big box stores and their lack of customer service, but I've decided to just let it go. I have a washer/dryer. It works. I'm happy!

P.S. Check out those fire engine red walls in the photos - thanks to G and the parents for applying that paint!

P.P.S. For some reason Blogger is being stupid and not letting me post pictures. So, for now, just imagine gleaming white appliances in front of fire engine red walls!
P.P.P.S. As of 5:00 this evening, Blogger has decide to allow my photos once again. Geez...

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Very exciting! Look forward to seeing it in person :)