Saturday, October 29, 2011

Chillin'

The new fridge, which makes the old stove and range hood look pretty bad. Geez...it never ends!


After two years of intentionally trying to get my old refrigerator (and by old, I mean ancient) to die, it finally did last weekend. I used to kick it, shove hot food into it, never vacuumed the coils, just generally abused the thing in the hopes that it would give up and I could get a new machine. Well, apparently they made refrigerators to survive the apocolypse back in the early 1970's, and the old girl just kept on truckin'. Until last weekend, that is. Naturally, when the fridge decided to give up the ghost, it would be while I was out of town and had left two full bags of ice in the freezer, leftover from a summer cook-out. So, I came home about midnight last Sunday to find about an inch of water allover the kitchen floor, and a fridge full of defrosted meats and spoiled foods. It was nasty to say the least. So after a couple of hours cleaning it all up, I went to bed, consoled with thoughts of shopping for a new refrigerator.



And shop I did! The next evening I went to just abought every appliance store in the area. It was exhausting, but I learned the hard way back when I bought my washer and dryer that you really should never purchase appliances on-line. In the end, I got a fridge at Lowe's. Shocker. The price was the best, and they do free delivery and haul away of the old fridge. Unfortunately, Lowe's customer service leaves a bit to be desired. The fridge was suppsoed to be delivered the next day. After 2 additional days, no less than 6 phone calls, and one late night trip to Lowe's to physically show them what fridge I had ordered (yeah, seriously), it finally showed up late in the afternoon on Thursday. And its a beauty!! It makes my kitchen look better...and really makes me want to get started on that kitchen remodel that I've been mentally planning for 2 years.


Hmmmm....

4 comments:

L. said...

Lookin' good! I bet this one even has an ice maker! :D

M said...

Haha! And you would lose that bet - no ice maker! I don't have a water line on that side of the kitchen, and the cost to have one run is a little too rich for my blood. So, its ice cube trays for me!

Gretchen said...

But she DOES have a shelf in her freezer this time. She just doesn't want to brag ;)

M said...

Well, I don't want everyone to feel that their shelfless freezers are inferior or anything...