Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Royal Treatment

I call this one "Blue Door with Cat"



Paint samples in the summer-long testing phase.

From left to right, they are Indigo Streamer, Royal Navy, Blue Coal and Twilight Purple. And yes, I am aware that in this picture they look like the exact same color.


After literally an entire summer of debating over color choice, I finally re-painted my front door this weekend. I finally selected a color called Royal Navy (I was somewhat bummed that it didn't have a more inventive name, but what are you gonna do?). It took a lot longer than I actually thought it would (turns out there actually is a bit of a method to painting a panelled door, FYI) and I might still have another step in the process (the addition of a coat of super-shiny polyurethane to make the door look very House Beautiful), but all in all I'm pretty happy with it! Now I have two more doors to paint before winter sets in. Anyone wanna lay bets on whether I'm actually going to get it done??

2 comments:

L. said...

I think it looks great! Good job on the color choice! :D

4 Lettre Words said...

I love it...and the cat, too! :)