Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!



Or, it would, if it weren't over 60 degrees outside. Its no secret, I'm a bit of a Christmas fanatic, but I must admit this warm weather is dampening my seasonal spirit just a bit. I'm pushing through, though! This weekend, I finished a felt wreath that I started at a recent crafting get-together and hung it up on the front door. It looks pretty awesome on the newly painted blue door, and I love that whenever I open the door I hear jingle bells!



I also brought the boxes of Christmas decor down from the attic, and as the coming week progresses, I hope to get most of the decorations up in the house. And then next weekend - THE TREE! I always get a little pint of egg nog to have on hand for the evening I finish decorating the tree. After I get the last ornament on, I pour myself a little glass, turn the tree lights on and listen to carols in the soft glow for a while. Its impossible not to be in the spirit at that point. My own little tradition that works like a charm every year!



Jingles everyone!



No comments: