Friday, April 24, 2009

Playin' Hookie (or Hookey?)


Hmmm....Apparently I don't play hookie often enough, because I can't quite remember how to spell it. Nevertheless, I am playing it today! Many thanks to G and Laura for talking me into it last night! I decided this morning that since no one else was going to be in the office today, and since I have to work at a museum event this Sunday, I could safely not go in. However, I suck at playing hookie, because I did end up going in briefly this morning to feed and water our office bird, Peep, and to leave a note for my interns (who probably won't show up anyway). Then, I listened to voicemails and sent a few emails. Yeah, I suck.


But, then I left the office and went to Home Depot to buy plants for my container garden - they had Gerbera daisies on sale! Home Depot's garden department is infinitely better than Lowe's, in my opinion, and I generally enjoyed plant shopping with all the senior citizens who got to Home Depot at 9:30am on a Friday. Now, I'm going to tackle actually planting my new daisies. Hookie has officially started!


In other news, my realtor Suzy apparently went to Cancun on a week long vacation without telling me, and that's why she was MIA last weekend. Wish I could go to Cancun. Guess the real estate business isn't suffering as much as we all thought it was...

1 comment:

miss bess said...

Although I love that you bought daisies, the best part about this post? An office bird named Peep. I'm so jealous.