Friday, May 22, 2009

The Summer Bug...

Once again, I've got it. Every year, just about this time, I always catch it. No, not a summer cold or the swine flu (heaven forbid!) but rather a serious bug for travel and road trips! I get really, really bad cabin fever, and nothing will do until I have a whole line-up of things to go and see scheduled for the rest of the summer. Now, most years, this bug disappears by the time the weather gets really hot and humid - then I catch the bug for sitting on my couch under a ceiling fan with massive quantities of Crystal Light. But, I usually accomplish at least a few of the road trips on my list, and I have high hopes for this season!

With the long holiday weekend approaching, I'm thinking about a little trip to DC on Monday to do something memorial-ish (monuments, parades, etc.), although it might actually turn into a trip to get a pedicure at a favorite shop in Alexandria, Virginia, with side stops at Ikea and the Crate and Barrel Outlet. I'm also headed out to Phil and Elizabeth's for a cook-out on Saturday - not really a road trip per se, but it still gets me out of the house!

I'm also contemplating a serious trip through Philly and Boston - Amtrak has lowered their East coast prices, and I could get to Boston for $67! I think I might even have G convinced to go along!

Now I just need to nail down a list of local summer festivals and craft shows, and I'm all set!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I'm definitely up for the Boston trip - I'll let you know what my friends say about available weekends, etc.!