Friday, May 8, 2009

Well, Crap!

So, I think I've finally had my first real setback in house-hunting. At the time of my last report, the Bunker Hill House had been sold, which was a bummer, but not hugely upsetting. Well, 45 minutes later, Suzy called to tell me that the Van Buren House had also gone under contract. Apparently, someone who hasn't heard about the lousy housing market and the current recession swooped in and offered the owner his exact asking price. So, while the owner had agreed to discuss my low-ball offer, he obviously backed out on me. So, there you have it. In the span of one hour I lost the two best house prospects I had going.

The really, really sad part is that there's NOTHING else in my price range on the market right now. Suzy says she really thinks things will start popping up soon (May, apparently, is prime home-listing time) and not to lose hope. I haven't lost hope at all (I have been at this for a comparatively short time, afterall), but it was fun to have houses to fantasize about - you know, furniture arrangement and paint color selection, all that fun stuff.

Sigh....

1 comment:

miss bess said...

that is a crapper, but i honestly think the right one will come along - ok, i know everyone tells us single girls this about the fellas (yawn), but houses are different. the right one REALLY is out there and you won't have as much to mull over when you see it. i just have this feeling you're going to find something special and worth squeeling over - and when you do, you BETTER blog about it so we all get the info! : ) ps: the paint store will always be there when you're ready for it.