Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Who Knew?



Over the weekend, the old, gnarled tree in my front yard suddenly burst into bloom. Lo and behold, I have a Redbud in my yard!! I've always loved seeing these beautiful pinkish-purple trees out in the woods or along the side of the road in the springtime, and now I own my very own! Its a huge one too, and looks like its been there forever. Hopefully it has a long life ahead of it, too.

Mom and Dad were a huge help over the Easter weekend. We pruned the afore-mentioned Redbud, dug out some dead shrubbery and mowed the lawn. I also acquired a grill and a wheelbarrow, and we had the first cookout of the season my back porch!

All in all, it was a great weekend!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

You mentioned the grill but not the cookout. Fun! Looking forward to some summer fun on your deck :)

M said...

You betcha! Pimms cups and grilled veggies at my house!

L. said...

So pretty! I always wondered what kind of tree was responsible for the bursts of purple along the GW Parkway.