Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March...Out Like a What??

I supoose its not really March's fault that it rained BUCKETS on Sunday night. But I'd rather blame March than myself for the fact that my pesky roof leak resurfaced with a vengeance. You see, after I discovered the leak back in February and had zero luck finding a roofer to fix it, I kind of just put it out of my mind. Afterall, we didn't really have anymore downpors, and it was pretty easy to pretend that there wasn't a problem at all. Well, apparently that is not the best strategy for homeowners. On Sunday, the downpour broke right through the laundry room ceiling, and - get this! - began gushing water into the ceiling light fixture! Yeah, the glass globe filled up with water and then the light shorted out. A little scary, I have to say! So, I spent the rest of the night on bucket brigade, running up and down to the attic every couple of hours until about 5:00am when the storm finally moved on. I was left with a wet, sopping mess in the kitchen and I was literally crying.

So, Monday morning I got my butt in gear and got on the phone to a whole new set of roofers and DEMANDED that they listen to me! Interestingly enough, they responded to my new authoritative tone - apparently the nice girl routine I tried the last time was the wrong approach! Anyway, I had one roofer here today after work to give me an estimate and I have another one coming on Monday. No rain in the forecast until then, so I should be okay.

In the end, March didn't defeat me!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Ugh, that sounds awful. Hope it has been resolved by now?