Sunday, March 7, 2010

Success!


On two fronts actually! At 8:00 last night I finally finished my taxes. It wasn't too bad - yes, more complicated than last year, but still manageable. I now await my refund, which of course makes the process worth it in the end.

On the other front, I finally figured out how to hang my homemade padded bulletin board on the wall above my desk in the guest/craft/office room. I can't rememebr if I mentioned this or not, but this padded bulletin board has been vexing me for WEEKS! I've tried about 15 different ways of getting up on the wall, and all of them ended with it falling down minutes later, and leaving a lovely set of gouge marks and scuffs on my beautiful "Meadow Mist" paint job. During my marathon procrastination session yesterday, genius finally struck and I came up with a full-proof plan. And voila! You can see the results above.

And to all of you who I have given these homemade padded bulletin boards as gifts over the last couple of years, my sincerest apologies - I've seen most of them hung in your houses somewhere, and I had no idea what you had to go through to get them that way!

3 comments:

L. said...

Too cute! (And you didn't even have to resort to duct tape!)

Gretchen said...

How did you actually do it? Mine is a weird hanging system and I don't think I like mine as much as yours - mine doesn't involve a cute bow!

M said...

I got about 4 yards of red grosgrain ribbon, and sewed it completey around the outer edge of the board, then I tied a knot between the two ends at the top, put a hook in the wall and tied a bow around the hook. You have to sew the ribbon the whole way around or else the stress of hanging the board by the ribbon just rips right through the fabric. Of course, in a few days the whole thing might be ont he floor again, but its holding for the moment!