Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Proper Knees Up!

Apparently, the proper terminology is a "Pimms Cup"

And these are the proper garnishes

Awesomest cupcakes ever!




Okay, seriously, Phil?

Yay!

As you can see in the pictures above, I had a pretty rockin' 30th birthday party last night! Thanks to G, the hostess with the mostest, we had an awesome time with an adorable British theme. We drank Pimms and Lemonade, which might just be the new drink of the year, ate Dubliner cheese (which, okay, is Irish - but that's part of the British Isles) and listened to British punk rock. God bless her, vegetarian that G is, she even served fish and chips (with three dipping sauces no less)! As usual, I did really well taking pictures when I first arrived, and then my ADHD kicked in and I completely forgot about my camera (thank you to cousin Beth and friend Elizabeth, who stepped in periodically and took over camera duties!) so most of my pics are from about the first half hour of the shindig - I think we were all little more sloshy later on.


Everyone brought presents, which I wasn't expecting but greatly enjoyed opening! You all are so thoughtful and creative - I mean, who else can say they got a vintage tablecloth, a monogrammed tote bag and a pair of wooly fingerless mittens for my freezing office on their 30th birthday??
It was an awesome night, and I really feel like I marked my 30th with style! THANKS G!!!!


2 comments:

L. said...

Pimp cups!

Gretchen said...

I think Brit-themed parties need to occur more regularly. I still have Pimm's left over...