Thursday, March 12, 2009

RIP 20's...

So, this is it. Today, Thursday, March 12th, 2009. This is officially my last day of being in my 20's. Tomorrow when I wake up, I'll be in my 30's. I really should have thought of some way to see my 20's off, but life has kinda gotten in the way recently, and I hadn't really even stopped to think about it until last night. Perhaps I should have planned a sky diving trip for today. Or maybe I should have planned to do some crazy thing you can only excuse when you're a twenty-something. Or maybe I should hike up to the top of a mountain and watch the sun set on my second decade. Or maybe I'll go home from work tonight, pour myself a glass of wine, toast the end of an era and cap off the evening with watching Survivor. Yeah. That last one is probably more in line with what I'll really do.

Here's to you 20's!

3 comments:

miss bess said...

So, I knew you in your single digits, we bossed each other around in our tweens, marched together through our high school years, artsy-fartsied through college and drank sporadically together in our twenties. So now what?!!

I say Vegas...



(Love and miss you tons - happy early bday - it's not quite midnight!)

L. said...

I am soooo jealous-you get to turn 30 on Friday the 13th!

Happy birthday!

M said...

And I turned 13 on Friday the 13th, too! Just lucky I guess!

Thanks for the birthday wish and see you this evening...