Monday, March 2, 2009

And Then There Was Snow...

Hmmm....Guess the spring planting season will have to wait a bit longer!

The view of my landlord's yard from my front door. Note how nice all his junk looks in the snow.

This is Sasha, my landlord's Siberian Husky. As usual, she has been left outside for the day. However, she seems to be LOVING the snow, so I'm trying not to worry. She's from Siberia, right?

It's March 2nd. And we have snow. Serious snow. Like 8 whole inches! For this part of the country, that's practically the storm of the century! After a really disappointing winter snow-wise (I love snow), I pretty much figured we were done for the season, but good ol' March rolled in like the proverbial lion. I'm loving it! Actually, I think that just maybe God or the Fates or whatever divine power sent this snow storm just for me. I have been at the museum working 10 to 11 hour days for 8 days straight now, and because of this weather we were forced to take the day off. It's like heaven. I admit I'm feeling a wee bit guilty, because at the moment the sun is out and we probably could forge a path into the museum and get back to work, but I'm not feeling guilty enough to actually do that. Besides, I just checked and my car has been buried in a snow bank by a city plow. I can't go anywhere, right? RIGHT?? You all agree with me, RIGHT?

1 comment:

miss bess said...

SO PRETTY! Break out the sleds. Let's head to EW field...
(too bad there isn't a lick of snow on the ground here...)


PS: G and I have been talking magazines. I forgot to mention that I sent you an Elle Decor subscription for xmas. Have you seen any of them? I'm afraid I sent it to your old address...