Sunday, February 22, 2009

Restorative Powers of Footloose

Well, after my long week of collections packing and moving at the museum (which, thank God, has gone pretty well so far - I haven't heard anyone say "oops" yet!) I was more than ready for a relaxing weekend. Yesterday I tackled the enormous monster pile of laundry that has been spilling out of the corner of my bedroom for a couple of weeks. Not so relaxing, but it felt good to get it done. Then last night I went to a good old-fashioned sleepover at L's house with an '80's theme. We watched Adventures in Babysitting (seriously, that's a GREAT movie!) and then we put in the ultimate classic Footloose! There is no work-related stress that a few dancing montages can't relieve! So, now I'm lounging on my couch, kinda thinking about running the vacuum or maybe doing some dishes, while watching UFO Hunters on the History Channel. I love this UFO stuff - it is such a great way to waste tons of time on a weekend.

Oh yeah - and the Oscars are on TV tonight! Yippee! Sadly, tomorrow its back to work and more moving and packing, so I'll have to make my last few hours of weekend really count - I might tune in to the E Red Carpet coverage that starts 2 hours in advance. Woohoo!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Ah yes, Footloose is fantastic.