Monday, June 29, 2009

Just Not Meant To Be

I finally heard the results of my offer on The House today. And its not good news. To put it simply, my offer wasn't accepted and someone else will be occupying MY house in the very near future. My only consolation is that the winning offer was for $10,000 more than I could even afford, so even if I'd offered more than I did I wouldn't have gotten the house. At least I don't have to ask "what if?" for the next 20 years!

So, that's that. There's nothing I can do about it, and its time to move on. Who would have thought that you can get so invested in a house having only set foot in it once? I know what my mom will say (and probably G, too!) - it just wasn't meant to be...

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Very sad news, but glad that you won't feel guilty or anything - you tried! Fingers crossed that the next one is the perfect one!

miss bess said...

I agree with G. And PS...we all know whomever is occupying that place, it's not going to be decorated NEARLY as well or as darling as had YOU been there. To be honest, I kinda feel bad for the house...

M said...

That's EXACTLY how I feel! Either whoever bought the house is going to hang God-awful pictures of kittens allover the place, or they're going to renovate the crap out of it and turn it into an all glass and polished concrete "designer showplace". Ugh. Poor house.