Saturday, July 25, 2009

I Think I Bought a House!!

Cute little cubby behind the door in the spare bedroom.

Side door into the kitchen - the original door, too!

The front door that opens into the living room - gotta love those vertical blinds!

A bad photo of the really great yard - you can kinda see the little shed behind the crepe myrtle.

Suzy pointing at a dead shrub in front of the house.

Yes, you read that correctly! Its all happened extremely fast, but apparently its true! After much back and forth, I finally decided to put in an offer on House #1, the small bungalow with the great yard (geez, that sounds like House Hunters doesn't it?). So, Suzy and I did all the paperwork yesterday afternoon, and low and behold at 4:00, the seller verbally accepted my offer! This morning he made it official and signed off on the deal! So, assuming nothing terrible shows up during the inspection, I'll be a real homeowner by the end of August! WOOHOOO!!!!!

At the moment, I'm only slightly terrified. I'm not sure if that will get better or worse, but I think its safe to say that I'm going to be good for absolutely nothing for a few days. I'm so distracted that I threw an entire box of cereal in the trash this morning!

Anyway, I've posted a few (million) random photos of the house - enjoy!

5 comments:

miss bess said...

YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap - it looks so cute!!!!! Is that hardwood?! WOOOO HOOOOO!! Having trouble containing the virtual excitement...

Gretchen said...

so glad that it's officially official now! can't wait to visit it!

Cathy said...

Yay! So cute. :) You need to have a housewarming ASAP so that we can all come and coo and bring you plants and stuff!

Hang in there, though, you're in for a wild ride with all the inspections and paperwork and such. I was doing the same thing exactly 3 years ago this month, so I know you'll survive. :)

M said...

Oh, there's gonna be a huge housewarming party - hopefully this fall before snow flies! I have a yard now - I can't wait to use it! And I'm already getting a taste of the roller coaster leadin up to closing - this inspection thing is kinda scary! Not to mention complicated...

L. said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to live vicariously through your cute new house and yard!!!