Thursday, January 8, 2009

I Would Like to Thank...




Well, my tree is down and carted out to the curb (many thanks to G for allowing me to borrow her curb!), all of my colonial-themed caroling dolls are packed up and shoved back in the attic, and I finally ate the last of my holiday chex mix. Hmph. Christmas is really over, isn't it?

Since the holiday season is more than a week behind us at this point, I have to turn my attention to a very important task (well, in all honesty, I probably should have done it several days ago - I'm running afoul of Emily Post!) - writing thank you notes. Even though I am terrible at thinking up things to say in thank you notes, I love getting out cute stationary to use. Above is a selection of the cards I've chosen for this year - Mary Engelbreit. So, that's tonight's project.

On another note, you'll notice I've added a couple of "gadgets" to my blog. Clearly, more of my friends need to start blogs! Under the Apropos section (which I have more to add to, I just haven't tracked down the links yet) I've posted a link to ExhibiTricks, which is a cool blog belonging to a guy who works for a museum exhibition design firm. He has all kinds of great ideas for museums on a budget - something I know all to well.

Oh yeah - and just for Miss Bess: I've posted yet another bad cat picture - enjoy!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

They picked up that tree the next day - they must have been scouting for trees as it wasn't my normal trash day or anything. Now we know that even though they don't say it, they do tree pickup!

Lou Louis said...

cute kitteh!

In regard to your comment - get the "recent comments" widget and put it in your sidebar. That's the only way that I know if I have comments, it works beautifully, albeit a little slow to load...Just google "recent comments widget for blogger".

<3

miss bess said...

So, I keep walking from wall to wall with my message board - hmmm, where to put my perfect new message board. I think it's gonna remain on a kitchen wall, right next to my new storm door. It's like my kitch just got a corner overhaul! : ) pix to follow...