Tuesday, January 13, 2009

So Much Great Stuff!



The last few days of my usually fairly boring life have been packed with some pretty awesome things, and I just had to post a report. First of all, the nicely Photshopped pic above is of my BRAND NEW CELL PHONE!! Now, to most people getting a new cell phone is not all that incredible - for some people, getting a new cell phone is practically a weekly occurance. But for me, being the technologically challenged person that I am, a new cell phone is a rare thing. This is only the 3rd one I've owned, and it is by far the fancy-schmanciest! Its an LG Shine, and so far I love it. Of course, I'm still carrying around the owner's manual in my purse (which, dear God, is heftier than some of my grad school text books!) because nearly every day I come across some new function I can't figure out, but otherwise its all good!

So, the new phone arrived on Friday. Saturday I headed off to a good old-fashioned girls-only sleepover birthday party, complete with an '80's soundtrack and tons of junk food. It was awesome! And I did take some pictures of the event with my new cell phone camera, but as I haven't figured out how to download them to the laptop yet, they are not posted here.

Then, Sunday arrived. And those of you who know me well know why I was such a happy camper on Sunday. My wonderful Steelers beat the San Diego Chargers to advance to the AFC Championship game next weekend. Well, actually, they didn't just BEAT the Chargers - they CREAMED the Chargers! It was great. My cousin Beth came over to watch the game with me - we seem to be the only Steelers fans in the area, so it was a small cheering section, but we made up for it with noise.

Sadly, Monday was just back to work, and nothing special there, but the weekend more than made up for it. Only 4 more days to go 'til the next weekend!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Very exciting all around! Oh, and my neighbors have their Steelers banner back up, so you are not alone :)

Lou Louis said...

miss m,

i lurves your gift to bess for xmas...you put her local bff to shame!

brilliant.

xo
k8

M said...

Awww, schucks! Thanks Mr. Dirt!