Friday, January 2, 2009

A New Era has Dawned...

I could say that this photo was intentional, and that I really was trying to get a shot of Phil's fish enjoying the New Year's Eve festivities at the annual Mark party, but I'm trying to be honest in the new year. I honestly have no idea what happened here...

Another great thing about having a digital camera is that now I can take even more photos of my cats. This is Pepper - she's sleeping on my cable box. Apparently its unbelievably comfy.

This is the first picture taken with the new CyberShot. Its my sister and brother-in-law's tree. My brother-in-law tried to tell me that the tree was not, in fact, listing to the left. You be the judge.

Guess what I got for Christmas?!?!?!? As you no doubt can guess, after perusing the, ahem, lovely images above, I GOT A DIGITAL CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, that's right - readers of this blog will now be subjected to my horrible photography skills on a REGULAR basis, instead of just whenever I can smuggle the museum's camera out for the weekend. These photos are just testers - I was just trying out the bells and whistles on the Sony CyberShot (which, thankfully, there are not many of!). I'm sure once I start taking photos with more frequency, they will improve. However, if they do not, I have a back up plan! My sister and her family gave me Photoshop for Christmas, and I am a Photoshop fiend - I love it, and I waste endless hours at work (where we have the deluxe professional designer software) creating useless stuff with it. So, once I figure out how to get it loaded onto my laptop (Vista is being a pain in the you-know-what at the moment) my images will forever be beautiful and perfect, I'm sure!

2 comments:

miss bess said...

WOOO HOOOO!!! I got a camera too! So here it is, from my cats to yours - a promise of lots of useless pet photos to come.

M said...

I've already taken about 20 shots of my cats doing nothing. This is going to be awesome!!